Care and Cleaning
You have just purchased the finest VINYL sundeck waterproofing system available on today’s market. It has been installed by a fully trained licensed dealer using special tools, adhesives, hardware and caulkings which have all proven to be not only highly compatible with the VINYL system but also are the best available for the job. To maximize the life of your new WEATHERDEK vinyl sundeck, here are a few simple tips on how to clean and maintain the vinyl.
- CLEANING: You should clean the vinyl surface regularly, using a mild soap and water solution (common dish soaps are fine). If the area is particularly dirty, use a stiff bristle push broom and scrub in a circular motion. This will loosen up the dirt at the bottom of the textured pattern so it can be sprayed away with a hose. Light pressure washing of the vinyl surface is also acceptable but care should be taken when spraying near heat welded seams and sealant caulked areas.
- WARNING: Never let vegetable matter such as leaves lay on the deck surface for long periods of time. Their stains can be very hard to remove.
- SPECIAL: There are often situations where stronger cleaning solutions are necessary. Citrus based spray cleaners can be used on oil, grease or wet paint spills but continuous or repeated use will breakdown the top coat finish and is not covered under warranty.
- WARNING: No matter what the solution being used to clean your Vinyl surface, it should be only briefly applied. Test it first on a piece of scrap Vinyl to be sure it will not remove the color or otherwise affect the membrane. Most importantly, flush the area thoroughly with soap and water then rinse with water only to completely remove any residue. Under no circumstances are any acids, Ketones, Turpentine, solvents or other unnamed chemicals to be used. They will affect the finish and will not be covered by the warranty.
- INSPECTION: The only maintenance, other than the cleaning, is inspecting the caulking used to seal around posts, pillars, corners, vents and drains. Sometimes the wooden structure to which the VINYL is sealed, cracks or shifts, and the seal is broken. Yearly inspection will uncover such problems and your WEATHERDEK dealer can supply the proper caulkings to fix the problem.