Maintenance Free Decks
- 100% Waterproof – a Weatherdek surface is completely waterproof. This not only protects the structure to which it’s applied but also allows for dry and usable space below the surface.
- Maintenance-Free – Weatherdek materials will never crack, peal, blister, or chip and never require sanding or painting. Other than an annual cleaning with soap and water a Weatherdek Surface is completely maintenance free.
- Designer Colors & Patterns – Weatherdek offers the largest selection of attractive colors and patterns available in an outdoor flooring system.
- Credibility – Weatherdek has been waterproofing decks and roof deck areas for over 30 years, and are backed by industry leading written warranties.
- Versatility – Weatherdek’s membranes offer effective waterproofing solutions for even the most difficult applications.
- Safety – all Weatherdek membranes are embossed to provide a non-slip surface even when wet.
- Durability – Weatherdek materials are tough – and have proven to be effective in some of the harshest climates around.
- Bare Foot Friendly – a Weatherdek surface will never splinter, and is free of bumps, ridges or gaps making for a comfortable walking surface even in bare feet.
View the Installation Process
View Care and Cleaning
Powder Coated Aluminum Railings
The WeatherRail System is designed to be virtually maintenance free. All components are coated with a polyester powder coating that can withstand the harshest elements. Never again will there be a need for the yearly, time consuming chores of painting and sanding. The WeatherRail system won’t rust, rot, crack, split, blister, peel or ever need repainting. An occasional wash with soap and water to reduce dirt and grime build up is all that’s necessary to keep your aluminum railing looking great for years to come. All WeatherRail components are fabricated using high grade extruded aluminum, which creates the ultimate combination of strength in a sleek yet practical appearance. The WeatherRail system has been engineered and tested to meet all North American Building Codes. Using a combination of prefabricated and custom components the WeatherRail system can be adapted to fit almost any application imaginable.
With a choice of Picket, Glass or a combination of the two in Railing Colours to choose from, there is a WeatherRail design to fit the scheme of any building.
- Maintenance Free
- Durable Powder Coated Finish
- Black and White (Custom Colours Available)
- Picket or Glass Styles
- Engineered for Strength
- Quality Installations
- Custom Fit to Any Deck
- Suitable for Any Climate
- Privacy & Wind Control options
- Beach Style Rail
- Unlimited design options
What is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is a type of coating applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form.
The coating is typically applied electrostatically and then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a “skin”. The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as aluminum extrusions in architectural building materials (guard rails), automobiles and bicycle parts.
Some advantages of powder coated finishes over liquid coating include:
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating over-spray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produces less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.